|History for St. Mary's Cardinals ||Beverly, MA |
The St. Mary‘s Cardinals, formed in 1948, was a junior marching and maneuvering corps based in Beverly, Massachusetts. They were sponsored by the Beverly VFW Post 545, Beverly Farms Michael J. Cadigan Jr. American Legion Post 46, and St. Mary’s Parish.|
The corps’ colors were maroon and gold.
The Beverly Crusaders were the Cardinals' feeder corps.
Awards included the VFW and American Legion Championships for New Hampshire and Massachusetts 1954-56, and the CYO Circuit Championships 1961 and 1964.
When church sponsorship ended in late 1968, the St. Mary's Cardinals became the Beverly Cardinals. This latter group merged with the Wilmington Crusaders in early 1973 to form the Wilmington Cardinals (AKA the Cardinals of Wilmington.)
[Encyclopedia of Drum and Bugle Corps, 1966; Michael Merrett; Mickey Trigilio; Jim Dennesen]
Hosted by Modotech, Inc.
- specializing in Internet applications for insurance.